The Software Develop Blueprint: How I Became a Developer and How You Can Too
I am proud to announce that I have a new eBook available now on the Kindle store. Check it out on Amazon.
Are you considering starting a career in software development or you already a new developer? If so then this book will help guide you. Matthew Brown is an experienced software developer and consultant. In this book, he shares his own story of making a career switch into software development and offers advice and guidance to help you to launch your own successful career.
What you will learn in this book:
- What can I expect from a career in software development? Do you really want to be a software developer?
- Am I Too Old to Start a Career in Software Development?
- Do I Need a College Degree?
- What are the alternate paths to start a career in software development?
- What is a coding boot camp?
- What does it mean to be a self-taught developer?
- What should my specialty by as a developer? What kind of development will I enjoy?
- How do I find that first programming job?
- What kind of company do I want to start my career at?
- What do I need to do to start off my career on the right foot?
- How much do I need to learn once I am already working in the field?
- What is imposter syndrome? How do I overcome it?
- How do you set up your environment to help you focus on your work? What kind of equipment should I get?